Saturday, December 26, 2009

You are Faithful

This morning i was reading "The Owners Manual for Christians." By: Charles Swindoll. and listening to the song "your are faithful" By Kim Walker, And this is just what i felt God was telling me throught the book, and encourging my heart and soul about the trip and many other things. Many it will encourage you as it did me. The last part you might not be able to relate to the it being your first trip, but i hope that something else about what he said, that God will speak to your heart. Love you guys! Have a blessed day!!

Brittney ;)



With Wisdom comes Christlikeness:

We need wisdom, not just knowledge. God is willing to give wisdom, but not on our terms. As we go deeper, He begins to entrust us with more and more of His mind. In the process we become more and more like Christ. When tragedy strikes, we don’t need more intelligence. We don’t need a greater number of skills. We need depth, the kind of depth Job had. When the bottom dropped out of his life, Job had the wisdom to say: “But He knows the way I take; When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot has held fast to His path; I have kept His ways and not turned aside. I have not departed from the commands of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.” (Job 23: 10-12)
We need the depth of Paul, who prayed three times for the horrible stake in his flesh to leave ( the word often translated “thorn” means a pointed instrument, like a sword), and three times the Lord said no. In response, Paul said, Most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of example of wisdom as work. Rather than throw a pity party for himself, Paul privilege of experiencing even more of Christ’s power over me.”
What depth of character. What intimacy with the Almighty these men had. I want that too. I want what they had, so that my walk is such that I walk in step whether I feel good or not. Whether I get a yes or no to my prayers, I walk consistently, even when I don’t get my own way.

Wisdom is Cultivated on God’s Terms, Not Ours:

“[My determined purpose is] that I may know Him- that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding [the wonders of His Person] more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know then power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers]; and that I may so share His suffering as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death.” (Phili 3:10 AMP)

That’s it!...halfway around the world, away from all my crutches, separated from all of those things that made me comfortable, I was given a chance to see God at work cross-culturally like never before…For the first time I would spend time in a missionary home. For the first time I would be surrounded my another culture and baffled by another language. For the first time in my life I would be the forgeiner. And I found myself again and again and again having to look at heaven and learn a whole new way of walking. And best of all, my first love really began to bloom. “my determined purpose” [perhaps Paul means “my focus”] is that I may know Him.

No comments: