Saturday, December 26, 2009

For anyone who wants to know...


For everyone who wants to know:

Since I can’t talk to everyone about my trip to Nicaragua I will try in this note to explain….After awhile, all though I know people mean well...Asking you how your trip was, when you yourself are trying to process it, after awhile you can only tell the same things so many times..lol. This was NOT my first Mission Trip, but it was my first time out of the country, and so therefore it was my first mission trip out of the country….It was an amazing trip, and I can’t wait to go back! I miss everyone in Nicaragua already. It was a week, that unless you see and experience it yourself, I can’t explain it. My pictures I hope tell the story somewhat, of what it was like…or at least looked like, and what we did.

Where did we stay? We stayed on a compound in Managua, Nicaragua. It was in the mountains and the weather was beautiful everyday, the views were breath taking, and the sky at night was so clear, I have never seen so many stars. We stayed in a house, everyone had a bed, and the mattress’ were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept on, in Hannah’s words the pillows are “still gravel”...haha, but the mattress' are heaven!!! We were spoiled and had an awesome breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. Never went hungry; we had the most amazing cooks!!!!! Donna and Larry are the missionaries as well as Emily and Jodie live on the compound. Two of the most amazing couples you'll ever meet.

What did we do?: First full day we awoke to the news that Matt proposed to Hannah that morning at Sunrise…hahaha ;) Then we went to Tent City to give out gifts and fellowship. That afternoon we had the Christmas party for the kids that go to school on the compound and gave oout gifts. Second day, we went to give out shoes and gifts and got ready for our big give day Saturday, Saturday we had around 10,000 kids come and receive gifts…we thought we were going to be there until 5 o’ clock, but we did it in 3 hrs..we were done a little after lunch…GLORY TO GOD! Sunday we went to church, Matt and Kim gave their testimonies, and Bob brought a Word ;) GREAT JOB, gave out gifts and had lunch with them. Monday we went to The Dump (UNREAL) is the best way I can think to describe it, you have to see it with your own eyes, smell it and fell it yourself. The one we went to, was the 7th worst in the world. We saw the feeding program and gave out gifts, (tried not to start a riot) and we had the party for the goverment officials (police, major…etc) and gave them gifts for their families and served them lunch. Tuesday we went to the market, and to the women’s prison. Kim and I gave our testimonies, and Nidia brought a Word..lol. GREAT JOB. We where able to pray over the women, and give them gifts as well. We also Monday and Tuesday went and visited Nidia and Wally’s sponsored kids, as well as bob’s and gave them gifts, and anyone else who sent a gift for their sponsored child we took the gifts to theie families. Wed we woke up EARLY, EARLY and got on the plane and came home.

I wish I had the time to sit with every person who as asked me about the trip, but I can’t and I also am still processing and adjusting to being home. I love you all, and hopefully between this and the pictures you can have some idea of how the trip was. The Lord prepared me for this trip and it was amazing in more ways than I can describe. Sometimes you can’t describe an experience. Unless you see and experience it for yourself, when people ask, How was the trip? Did you like it?... etc it just makes me feel like they are asking me about a vacation. It was an amazing trip, I went because we are called to GO as followers of Christ. Not everyone has to get on a plane and go to another country but we are called to do something!! I went because I want to live out James 1:22 “Do not merely listen to the Word and so deceive yourself, do what it says.” We have to be doers not merely hearers of the Word!! I love Jesus with all my heart and this trip just showed me how selfish we are as Americans. We went to the Women’s prison, and the worship was amazing. I can speak a little Spanish, but not enough to understand everything they were singing, but you don’t need to speak the same language to experience God’s presence. These women have nothing and yet they are praising God and declaring Him worthy to be praised, and I come home to a Christmas Service packed and not one person (that I could see) worshiped God with all they had. They were doing their “duty” on Christmas Eve and went to Church. The message was amazing, the song choices were great, but I’m talking about the worshipers…we have so much and yet we can’t worship the God who has blessed us FAR BEYOND what we deserve. Praise God for His grace and mercy!!!! I would be nothing without Jesus Christ,but do I show it??? The trip did change me, it changed me in a way that I think I’m more passionate about the things of God!! I want to be more in love with Jesus than I am. I want to have a relationship one day that points people to Jesus, not one that distracts them. I cannot describe all that I saw, but all I know is I can’t wait to go back, and continue to go and do whatever God says. I want to be the women God created me to be, and I can’t wait to be with the man God has for me one day, and to join with him on this journey with the Lord. I pray God is molding me into the women that he will need. If I can suggest anything, get over yourself, and sit back and watch what God will do! Sorry if this was a litte blunt its just how I'm feeling...lol.

I love all of you and hope maybe this will give you a glimpse into my heart after the trip. Even if you asked me face to face this is pretty much what i would tell you..lol. Love yal...

Brittney

No comments: